Title: North East XCRI Test-bed (NEXT)Link: Website
Download resource: Final report, PDF document
The North East XCRI Test-bed (NEXT) mini-project investigated the application of XCRI in a number of contexts, including support for education and training delivered by multiple providers. This was a
collaborative project involving Newcastle University and Durham University, which built on previous work in the JISC EPICS-2 project, where the use XCRI for sharing postgraduate training opportunities was explored on a regional basis. Key areas of work included:
- Significant refinements to a prototype ‘regional hub’ for postgraduate researcher development.
- Work to extend XCRI to include information on skills and externally defined skill-sets used in
- postgraduate researcher development.
- Support for XCRI to ‘Dynamic Learning Maps’ (curriculum and personal learning maps that
- provide links to external learning resources).
- Iinvestigated the feasibility of using XCRI to share information across a joint Medical programme run by Newcastle and Durham University.
Tags: JISC project, NEXT